Thursday 29 March 2018

Exhibit - Isle of Dogs

Isle of Dogs 



Over easter I visited the exhibition for Wes Andersons, Isle of Dogs. I haven't actually seen the movie and so it was interesting to visit the exhibition, displaying all the sets for the filming. I found all of the intricacies of the scenes really consumed me. The shear attention to detail was quite amazing, especially when you considered that almost everything you could see had a moving role in the movie. 

There was quite a few patterns and colour 
palette's used that I found inspired me. I really
liked the carpet pattern/colours used in the

interview scene to the right.

In terms of the exhibition as a whole, it was a relatively short experience. But due to the way it was laid out, I felt very immersed in the experience. The first room you walk into features a life sized interior to match one of the scenes in the movie. From then on the room exhibiting the sets is very dark, drawing attention only to all the scenes. 








There was a lot of evidence of illustration used in the scenes, often in really small areas. The delicacy of this use of illustration is really marvellous. Obviously they wont gain centre stage but it just adds to the scale of this project and makes you realise just how much time and effort will have had to have been put into creating such a movie. 

I found this exhibition really inspiring in terms of the level of detail I saw. Also the story telling aspect of it was insane, I thought it was brilliant to see an imagined world to come to life so realistically. It often felt as if I could've been easily shrunken down to the characters size and would've had no idea that they weren't in fact plastic models!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presentation & Notes

Notes:  My practice and how it has evolved (Creative ethos) -        After really enjoying printmaking and illustration-based p...