Thursday 12 March 2020

Everpress Workshop



Today I was fortunate enough to get a space in a workshop with Everpress where we where given guidance and direction on designing artwork for print on items of clothing. The site is open for anyone to upload there designs and produces merchandise on the condition that the artist must sell 5 editions of the item prior to them manufacturing the product. This means that promotion is key. The grassroots nature of this company was really cool and having chats with Nick Law and Louis Byrne gave me some useful insight into both of their careers. With Louis still living in Leeds having graduated 2 years ago and making freelance work with Everpress being one of the outlets through which he sells his prints. Nick was also good to speak to, working as the Head of Creative for the company he is responsible for overseeing the creatives involved and helping to source new practitioners to welcome to the site. One thing that struck me was that he actually studied economics at university and landed this role through his network. I find this quite inspiring as it shows that nothing is necessarily off limits as a result of the course you study and simply keeping your finger on the pulse and talking to people can really pay off! 

For the rest of the day we worked on some design ideas for potential print runs. I haven't uploaded any work to the site just yet as I want to dedicate a bit more time to my ideas in the coming weeks and think I will overlap this with my FMP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presentation & Notes

Notes:  My practice and how it has evolved (Creative ethos) -        After really enjoying printmaking and illustration-based p...